According to a survey, 62 percent say their car is like another living space. For busy people on the go these days, it’s important to find solutions to containing clutter in our cars. Here are 3 simple solutions to eliminate trash and contain stuff:
1. Trash containers that are accessible (and emptied on a regular basis) can help redu ce dirt build up and the need to vaccuum more than necessary. Try this one from Target that even holds water bottles. Hang on the passenger seat head rest facing the back seat so you can easily reach over and drop trash in the bag. Backseat riders will also easily be able to access it too!
2. Trunk containers are a great way to contain items such as first aid kits/jumper cables and more. Consider adding flash lights, a small tarp to place in the back if you’re transporting items that may leak on the floor, bungie cords in the event you need to strap something to the top of the car. Also, consider a divided container that holds groceries and shopping bags to keep them from spilling over while driving. Something that most people also have to maintain are items that need to be Returned. For example, a platter that someone brought to a recent party or an item that needs to be returned to the store. Use a canvas type container to transport these items from the house to the trunk and use on of the compartments in the “trunk organizer” to hold this bag.
3. Driver Organizer: Here’s a way to contain your water bottle, phone, sun glasses, miscellaneous papers and more. Best of all, it’s easily removed when you have a front seat passenger. Avoid stuffing the container with items that could be kept elsewhere. For example, owners manual and tire pressure gauge can be kept in the glove box since these items are used less frequently. Designate one compartment for a specific use to avoid being unclear as to what is kept in that particular place.
To maintain an organized vehicle, make it a habit to:
1. Empty the trash regularly
2. Sort through the containers on a weekly basis to ensure all items in the car are current and relevant
3. Treat yourself to having the car washed (inside and out) at least once a month. It’s amazing how a clean car can help you want to maintain an organized car.