MomMinute with Chris Quinn
Name: Chris Quinn
Profession: Mom, Own a Marketing and Design firm
Marital Status: Married
Children: Owen, age 2
Where do you live? Downtown
Coffee or tea? Coffee ( sometimes green tea)
Mac or PC? Mac
Last month, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Chris Quinn of ehouse studio to talk about life as a busy mom, her family, her work and the move to Charleston.
Chris and her husband, Aaron, moved to Charleston from Boulder, Colorado when Chris was 5 months pregnant with son Owen, who is now 2. They love the water, especially her husband, who is an avid surfer. Chris’ visits to the beach generally include running after Owen to make sure he’s covered in sunblock. In addition to studying business and holding a degree in Interior Design, Chris is also licensed in clinical skin care.
The family settled in downtown Charleston, just blocks from their studio, that is on the cutting edge of web design, search engine optimization, as well as creating packaging, brochures and more! The company was started about six years ago in Colorado and has successfully made the move to Charleston.
Chris specifically uses her design experience in color theory and space planning (the layout part of design). She loves being a mom, enjoys spending time with family and friends, their two dogs (Lola and Anuk) and has plans of being involved in community projects, including a surfing foundation that teaches under-privileged kids how to surf. In her spare time she likes to read guilty pleasures such as murder mysteries. The last book she read was “Kite Runner,” however.
Visit ehouse studio for more information about Chris Quinn and the staff.
1. How did you get started in your business?
My degree is actually in Interior Design, but the company kind of evolved itself into a variety of design services as well as marketing.
2. What motivates you to keep going when all you want to say is, “Calgon, take me away!” Family and I’ve actually always thrived on hard work. I would rather have too much to do than too little.
3. What is your biggest success professionally?
Being my own boss, I guess.
4. What is your biggest success personally?
Feeling like a good mom and the ability to work with my husband and still maintain a healthy (and loving) relationship.
5. What is something you do just for you…that has absolutely nothing to do with your children?
I enjoy working out and treasure hunting at discount stores like Marshall’s or TJ Maxx.
6. How many hours of sleep, on average do you get each night?
8+, I need a lot of sleep!
7. What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
Yogurt, blueberry muffin and really strong coffee. (My husband says my coffee could pass as jet fuel!)
8. What’s the most unusual item in your purse right now?
Chapstick with no top (Owen lost it…no let’s be honest, he threw it somewhere in a tantrum.)
9. How do you relax in the evening?
Eat dinner then watch TV in bed
10. What’s the last book you read?
Snowflower and the Secret Fan. It was great!