Name: Kay Green
Profession: Founder of MyPreciousKid.com, Child Safety & Baby Gear Store
Marital Status: Married nearly 30 years
Children: Melissa 26, Jordan 23, Allison 21, Haley 8
Grandchildren: Madison 2 in December. Twins due in June.
Where do you live? Portland, Oregon
Coffee or tea? Tea, please
Mac or PC? PC
In 2000, we developed an ID card for homeschool kids and adopted children. Then we created several ID kits for families. Later we added more products. Today we have over 100 products including ID bracelets, other wearable ID products, Child Locators, Name and Allergy labels, Car Seat safety products, child proofing products, baby gates, safety education DVD’s & games, Baby sleep products, feeding products, Ergo Carriers, Shopping Cart covers and personalized products.
2. What motivates you to keep going when all you want to say is, “Calgon, take me away!”
I know I make the difference in the safety of children. If my child safety products protect just one child I have made a difference.
3. What is your biggest success professionally?
After 7 years of working from home we moved the business to a retail location in June 2008. I have 3 employees that process the 30-50 orders that arrive each day.
4. What is your biggest success personally?
I have four amazing children! My adult kids are all contributing to society in a varierty of ways.
5. What is something you do just for you…that has absolutely nothing to do with your children?
Spend at least an hour in a hot bath with a good book several days a week.
6. How many hours of sleep, on average do you get each night?
7. What did you eat for breakfast this morning?
Tea and toast
8. What’s the most unusual item in your purse right now?
Five Starbucks gift cards for Christmas gifts
9. How do you relax in the evening?
A bath and a book
10. What’s the last book you read?
If you would like to participate in the MomMinute Monday, email email@example.com.