MomMinute Monday with Susan Heller Simon
Profession: Graphic Designer/artist/Owner of an online Children’s clothing boutique: www.kookookids.etsy.com
Marital Status: Married
Children: Sophie (6) & Jessica (4)
Where do you live?
Mac or PC? Have a PC, Want a Mac!
1. How did you get started in your business? I worked as a graphic artist but missed the hands-on artsy projects I used to do when I was in school. And I’ve always wanted to learn to sew. After collaborating on a baby shower gift with a friend of mine (who sews!) I became hooked on making fun shirts for kids… focusing on bright unisex colors and fun modern designs!
2. What motivates you to keep going when all you want to say is, “Calgon, take me away!” I remind myself of how far I’ve come… how much my girls have grown… how much more comfortable and accepting I am of myself today compared to just a few years ago… oh, and I eat a lot of chocolate.
3. What is your biggest success professionally? my Kookoo Kids store
4. What is your biggest success personally? My immediate and extended family & friends – they are everything to me
5. What is something you do just for you…that has absolutely nothing to do with your children? Staying in shape… I live for the time I set aside in the week when I get to do something just for my own well-being. I get to be alone with myself (and my Ipod) which allows me time to reflect and breathe.
6. How many hours of sleep, on average do you get each night? 8 (but I could go for more)
7. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? Slimfast shake (with banana and dark cocoa)… but my favorite breakfast food is Rice Krispies cereal
8. What’s the most unusual item in your purse right now? a spare pair of size 3T underwear!
9. How do you relax in the evening? Surfing etsy.com (it’s so addictive) and TiVo’d shows. I really like watch telly with my hubby… in bed.