MomMinute with Samantha Gregory
Not only is Samantha the mom two, she is the author of 100 Secrets of Successful Single Motherhood, an Inspirational Guide for Single Mothers, which is an excellent empowerment handbook for single moms, as well as a resource for organizations serving women in crisis. She writes, speaks and coaches too! Learn Samantha’s biggest personal and professional successes and how she takes care of herself!
Profession: Writer, Speaker, Life Coach
Marital Status: Divorced
Children: Lexi (12) and AJ (8)
Where do you live? Metro Atlanta
Coffee or tea? Herbal Tea Mac or PC? Mac
1. How did you get started in your business? When my daughter was two years old I got a computer and started designing business cards, flyers, etc for my church. This turned into a desktop publishing business. Pretty soon I was doing resumes and reports in addition to desktop publishing. A few year later and a degree in English, I decided to write and edit for others then I started writing from my life experiences.
2. What motivates you to keep going when all you want to say is, “Calgon, take me away!” Being a good example for my kids, especially for my daughter. Also, the desire to accelerate my debt payoff is an excellent motivator .
3. What is your biggest success professionally? An internship that turned into a full-time job and a year later turned into a senior position.
4. What is your biggest success personally? Graduating from college with honors as a single working mom.
5. What is something you do just for you…that has absolutely nothing to do with your children? R
ead, watch a chick-flick, and get pedicures and massages.
6. How many hours of sleep, on average do you get each night? Between 6-8 hours a night (gotta get those before midnight hours in to feel my best).
7. What did you eat for breakfast this morning? Peanut butter crackers, an apple, and hot cocoa.
8. What’s the most unusual item in your purse right now? It’s a tie between my book and my digital camera .
9. How do you relax in the evening? Play scrabble or bubble breaker on my iPod Touch
10. What’s the last book you read? Think and Grow Rich
Click here to Samantha’s FREE 20 Secrets of Single Mothers.
If you would like to be featured in the Monday Morning MomMinute, email email@example.com and put MomMinute in the subject line.